Friday, January 01, 2010

Cause it's New Year

I love these things at the end of the year, and I'm tired so I need to start off my blog a day thing with something a bit light. Thanks to Jess and Matt for the survey!

Year-End Survey

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Finished and defended a thesis.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I honestly can't remember. I may have them somewhere on the blog....ummm so I guess that takes care of whether I kept them or not...I'll likely have some in my head.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.

4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes.

5. What countries did you visit? No where this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A new baby:P

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 10 (the day we decide we really did want another child).

8. What was your biggest success? Finishing my thesis.

9. What was your biggest failure? Some personal stuff which involved some people that I wish I just had not gotten to know.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had the flu, the cold, and a lingering sore throat, mat burns on my feet and elbows, a nasty bruise from falling off a chair, and numerous cuts and burns.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Probably my thinkpad.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? H was his usual amazing hisself.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Me. I'm not proud of who I was for a short period earlier this year.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills and lately Amelie's.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Adding another beastie to our collection!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? All of APTBS's Exploding Head....I openly admit to compulsively listening that album for a few months.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you a.happier or sadder? b. thinner or fatter? c. richer or poorer?
a. happier! b. totally fatter (blueberry related) c. same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Nothing that I can think of...

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Facebooking.

20. How did you be spend Christmas? At home and then with a movie later in the evening.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Just with H...again.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Lost and the Wire.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Oh yes.

24. What was the best book you read? I don't think anything really fired me up this year...oh wait, I really got into Batille.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Deerhunter, Okerville River (I knew them before but just discovered that I really really like them).

26. What did you want and get? Joy.

27. What did you want and not get? I don't like to spend time dwelling on wanting...

28. What was your favorite film of this year? The Wrestler

29. What did you do on your birthday? My mom brought me a cake and we ate cake with the family.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having not gotten involved money wise with "friends." Actually having not meet those friends period. That and not even bothering to try school for the kids a second time.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Neopunk until I got pregnant and then it was all about the billowing tent.

32. What kept you sane? Not that I'm sane but H has worked on it.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hugh Jackman

34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health care/gay marriage

35. Who did you miss? Everyone in Maine

36. Who was the best new person you met? Noone really. I didn't meet anyone who blew me away.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? My insecurity doesn't just effect me.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
These are my least favorite things to answer...I have no idea.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lifetime simply just obtains busier in addition to busier for many, in addition to they should be account for breitling replica sale include. We have a authentic societal stigma placed on currently being later intended for meetings, whether or not they usually are small business rolex replica sale or maybe appointments having family. One example is, a couple wristwatches is usually often have unique referrals volumes while using type season along with the event, dial in addition to pendant colorings. Even so, the item helps make very little good sense to pick out the primary replica rolex you observe. Those who usually are celebrating valentine's in addition to marriage ceremony will not think delighted whenever they usually are exhibited dollars. Some sort of memento is quite a bit appropriate as it can be maintained on exclusive sites with bed rooms in addition to relaxing regions. The unique piece is usually all the more pleasing should the provider has had the perfect time to inscribe some sort of rado replica that is certainly specially specific for an individual or maybe couple of.