Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day

When I was little, we always called Thanksgiving "Turkey Day." Thanksgivings were wonderful when I was a child. We had a ton of food (a big deal when you're poor), and the whole extended family gathered. We played with our cousins all day. My uncle was the great organizer for ball games of various sorts (I ended up the ER one Thanksgiving due to a rousing game of basketball). Today, most of all, I miss Maine, and I miss my family.

But we still had a wonderful day that is continuing into the early evening. We went to see "Bolt" at the theater. Going to see a movie has become a tradition for us. It's a rare treat because it's a tad expensive for all of us to see a movie. We had a good time, even the grownups. Now I have a turkey breast in the oven, which we'll be enjoying with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, rolls and of course pumpkin pie (which all the kids help make)...and maybe a few glasses of wine for the grownups.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate!

2 comments:

Erica said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

Ephémère said...

Que suertudos!
Enjoy these blissful, no work days.