Saturday, May 08, 2010

A Stroll Through Plaza-Midwood

Yesterday was rough. Perhaps the roughest since having Rowena. I knew it was coming--it's never easy adding a new member to your family. Of course a part of me hoped to avoid it--that maybe this time we would get to skip over the adjustment. But yesterday it all came crashing down. Piper had several long crying tantrums throughout the day including an hour long screaming crying session as soon as she woke up. I was not very patient and had more than a few bad mommy moments. Those moments were filled with guilt at how unmindful I had been as a parent. But it's hard to be mindful when you're exhausted and stressed out.

When H came home, we napped a bit together, ate dinner, and then headed out for an evening walk in Plaza-Midwood. I love these spring nights when it's still wonderful warm but not too humid. We emerge from our cocoon of home and get outside to explore little streets. And this time we were introducing little Rowena to our nightly jaunts.

The three older beasties chilling outside the Dish, a wonderful restaurant on Thomas Street. I'm not a big meat eater but I love their Cajun meatloaf.

Note exhausted eyes. Gargh I look old but I suppose anyone would when they're functioning on very little sleep. But also note fuzzy baby head!

H's photo of the little garage right beside The Dish.

This kind of summed up much of my day....

Seriously how could anyone resist this face...I know I can't.

I am very drawn to these lovely overgrown yards. I do like the structure ones as well but these appeal to me on my lazy level.


Wood travels....
Love...
Walking away...seems so hard to believe that she is five, and so independent yet so much in need of me still.
Pink houses make me laugh.

Sucky arm baby...





Nymphs in trees....

Resting on stoops.

I didn't know time even resided in a house. It's abode surrounded by barbed wire to keep us mortals out?
Home on daddy...

And then an evening snack from mom....

1 comment:

Greywillow said...

Ginger you are an awesome & most loving mom. You have some beautiful children with sweet souls to prove it. Thanks you for sharing with us you are actually human & not superwoman! ;) Love the photos & I can't wait to hold Rowena. This weekend has been crazy with baseball games, events, & Mother's Day tomorrow. Will you all be around next weekend? Sunday evening would be awesome because Greyson has baseball Friday & saturday night. BIG LOVE to you and the family!