Wednesday, May 16, 2007

For Jessica

This post is for my friend Jessica but anyone who wants may read it.

I promised my throwing things story and it should make you feel much better about the mug. When I am pregnant, I am an unpleasant woman ( a mild understatement). Horacio and I got into a fight. I can't remember what about. Something totally ridiculous I'm sure. End result was that I started to sob, yelled, slammed the door shut, and when Horacio kept arguing with me, I hurled a lamp at the door. Amazingly the lamp didn't break but the bulb did. I cleaned it up, sobbing, while Umberto sat on the other side of the door crying as well. Later that month, he wrote a story in preschool. Luckily his teacher translated it wrong: "A lamp broke, and I cried." The story came illustrated. I was mortified when the teacher said "I'm not sure what he's talking about." I did not enlighten her.

And if that wasn't bad enough, we had a hole in the wall at our last apartment where I threw the cordless phone at the wall. I could go on but I'll cease to embarrass myself further.

Okay so ten things that make me happy:

1. The smell of Piper right out of the tub.
2. Camille's huge, crazy smile.
3. Umberto running around like a mad man with his light saber.
4. Horacio...most of the time.
5. Bic fine point pens preferably in black.
6. Rainy days with a good book.
7. the pool.
8. Outside cafes.
9. Strawberries.
10. My Cuisinart.

4 comments:

Grouchy said...

That's too funny! Umberto's story made me think of this time when I was in grade school and had to write a "true story" for a parent party at school. I made up this whole story about how my parents abandoned me at the grocery store and I read it in front of everybody. My mother was mortified!!!

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in smashing things :).

Ros said...

I was so mad at Max one day that I threw my mug of tea. I started to aim it at the antique mirror that she'd gotten from her grandmother, but at the last minute felt bad, continued my swing, and instead hurled the mug through the glass doors of the antique desk I'd gotten from my beloved aunt. In retrospect, I should have shattered the mirror.

Horacio said...

Whenever I get mad stuff just breaks suddenly, suprisingly, astonishingly: I'm the mexican Darth Vader.

Unknown said...

I haven't broken anything that we love....yet LOL.

Horacio is the Mexican vader...his calm demeanour is a lie..a lie.