Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Day in the Life

Of Ginger, grad. student, mother to three, and messy housekeeper. Yeah life is feeling a tad bit much lately.


Today's To Do List:

work with Umberto on letters

do wax paper leaves

roast pumpkin seeds

do math with Umberto

make pumpkin cookies

write a paragraph on my concepts of class

study for GRE

start Foucault paper

finish two books

Excercise


It's intimadating to just look at but I keep reminding myself I thrive under pressure. And honestly I do. I finished my statement of purpose, read two books over the weekend, and nearly completed two applications. Oh we narrowed down where we are applying....Florida State, Chapell Hill, and SUNY Buffalo for H and Syracuse for me (we'd live in Rochester which is right between the two).


And that last one is scaring me a bit. There is a part of me that would just love to be in the North again. I would be able to visit my family in Maine a lot more. I would be able to be cold (have I mentioned it's still in the 90s here?) But Rochester is filled with demons. It's filled with Joseph. And that scares me. I mean, the chances of me running into him are nill. He lives in Niagara Falls but this is where we were together. It was a big thing for me to agree to apply to Syracuse and then agree to live in Rochester.


If anyone is bored, and would like to read a SOP let me know. I could use the feedback.

5 comments:

Horacio said...

like frog and toad, i love to do lists!

Ernesto said...

I'm not bored. On the contrary, I'm overwhelmed with work. But I'd like to read it, if possible.

Unknown said...

Well like Frog and Toad, I too love lists but unlike Frog and Toad, I have a hard time following mine:)

Ernesto, of course you can read it. You certainly aren't expected to comment unless you want. I know the feeling of feeling overwelmed...

Lolabola* said...

Frog and Toad! I love them.

Looks like I need a to do list too. I'm beginning to realize I need pressure to thrive as well.

I'd like to read your SOP out of interest but not sure I can give you any sort of feedback

Ernesto said...

So, can I read it?