Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pumpkins Galore

Today we went pumpkin picking. It's one of the few things I feel like we "have" to do each year. There is nothing like picking your own pumpkin from a patch as opposed to the bix box outside of the grocery store. Of course everytime we go, I'm reminded of picking apples in Maine. That was something we did nearly every year when I was little. The whole extended family went, and we'd spend hours walking through the orchards, eating apples of the trees, and riding in horse drawn wagons. There are no nearby apple orchards here, and the ones in the mountains don't have any apples due to the drought.


But at least we get to do pumpkins. The farm we go to is pretty neat with a few animals, a tractor ride out to the patch, and they have these huge silo slides (which I will not go down).


































2 comments:

Horacio said...

where's my pumpkin yo!

Unknown said...

You FORGOT to pick one!!!!