Saturday, February 16, 2008

Taking an Another Page From....

my friend MTP (see previous post as I am too lazy to hook up links)...

There are a few reasons why February doesn't suck:

1. Realizations and perspective.
Last night after some sleep induced by sleeping pills, I did wake up with better ideas about the section that was shit. I think I can hammer that out today which will give me an argument, and bring me back on schedule.

I also realized that I might have to extend my graduation to an August date but that would be okay. I can edit in Mexico as the writing would be done in May. This would definitely alleviate a bit of the stress.

I'm not rich so I need to suck it up, get tougher, and spend a year working on little things like grammar, editing, etc. I'm not stupid just lazy and impatient. Those are things I can improve.

2. Great concert tickets. We got a-fucking-mazing seats for Radiohead in May. I'm not a huge fan but H is and this is a concert he's wanted to see for years. And in April we're going away OVERNIGHT!!!! to see Destroyer. And I'm going to see Ministry in April as well with my friend D. Music...drug for the soul.

3. Valentine's Day. Now I am a rather an anti-V-day kind of person but now that I have four people to celebrate love with? Well it's just damn wonderful. I made myself take a day off, and we took the kids to see Spiderwick. They were thrilled, loved the movie, and we all got to be together without me frantically typing yet another thing into the laptop.

So not all bad...

4 comments:

Ros said...

Sleep, yay!

Erica said...

Sleep does wonders. For the first time in weeks I slept 8 hours last night and I really feel much better. At least I´m in a better mood.

I´m also an anti-V day. We have never celebrated it, but Isabel made at school a card for her sister and Carmen made us some cards, too. Plus, she bought a rose at school for her little sister, so I felt good about that day for the first time.

Anonymous said...

I'm very jealous of your upcoming concerts!!! Last year we saw Tool, the year before was NIN, this year I don't have anything in the making yet... Enjoy!
Jennifer L.

Unknown said...

I saw NIN that year as well, and am waiting with baited breath for his next tour. We also plan to see Morrissey again (well again for me, first time for H). We're still bemoaning missing REM/The Nationals in June (they come the day we fly to Mexico). And H gets to see A Place to Bury Strangers which I am soo jealous over.