Friday, May 23, 2008

Haiti Morning

Mornings in Haiti are sticky hot. There is no relief from the intense wet heat that smothers the island during the summer. Nights are only slightly cooler but somehow the sweat is a sweetness beneath such a vast black sky. Mornings are rough. The sun's coming, foretold, in the pinkish tentacles that spread slowly over the lightening sky, is not a welcome coming. Perhaps if I could drag myself out of the sleeping bag before sunrise; but I am not an early riser, and I've never been good at doing things that I know are good for me.

4 comments:

John B-R said...

You would make an awesome editor. maybe I should send you some of my work to see what you'd do with it ...

Unknown said...

haha;P

Lolabola* said...

hahaha I'm glad I saw the previous version too

Erica said...

yeah! What happened to it?

It was good!