Monday, May 19, 2008

To My Lover On His Birthday

I am totally unable to write poetry so I steal from another.

Here's to H, my lover, my friend, my partner, my soul, my heart.

"You have what I look for, what I long for, what I love,
you have it.
The fist of my heart is beating, calling.
I thnak the stories for you.
I thank your mother and father
and death who has not seen you.
I thank the air for you.
You are elegant wheat,
delicate as the outline of your body.
I have never loved a slender woman
but you have my made my hands fall in love,
you moored my desire,
you caught my eyes like two fish.
And for this I am at your door, waiting."

Jaime Sabines

Happy Birthday, H.

5 comments:

Horacio said...

beautiful poem,
thanks beautiful you.

i can't believe i'm turning 26 again, i'm starting to get bored of being twenty something over and over again

Unknown said...

You young pup you.

Erica said...

Feliz cumpleaƱos, H!

John B-R said...

Nice theft Ginger. Happy Day Horacio. Yesterday my son Sam turned 30 ...

Anonymous said...

Ay