Thursday, March 10, 2011

Willful Faith

When I walked into the kids' room, that early Thanksgiving morning, to see my beautiful son contorted, griped with seizure, on the floor, I felt as if I couldn't breath. I did not know as I do now that he would recover. At that moment, I thought my boy was dying. And then I left H with our son while I called for help, and stood on the front stoop waiting for the ambulance. The night was just starting to fade, and it was dark and cold. As I waited, I felt what it meant to have a heart break. A future without this beautiful boy, my first born, caused something to wither up inside me. I could not imagine how I could possibly live if he was gone.  The cold air pressed on me, as I heard sirens, and I knew that there was no way there was nothing after death. I made a choice to let this not be the end because a world without my child was not bearable. 

And as the sirens grew closer, I pleaded my son's case before God.

No comments: