Monday, April 04, 2011

At the Bus Stop

Today, insulated in my van with the air conditioning blowing, I stopped at the traffic light that is adjunct to a bus stop. Two men were talking. They were an unlikely pair. An old white guy with longish white hair and beard. A baseball cap pulled low over his eyes. The other man, young, black with a do-rag and earphones. They were laughing as they waited in the sweet breeze for the bus to haul in front of them.

I thought of a friend who had meet someone on the bus. Someone who became a friend of his wife, and whom I meet a hike. A wonderful person. And I thought of that meeting might not have happened if he drove to work like almost everyone else in this city.

And I wondered how my own world would look, I talked to random strangers at bus stops. If I unplugged myself from the insulation of private transportation. What stories would I be able to share if I sat at bus stops, and talked to unlikely strangers?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Technical divers watches problem omega replica bike race, rolex replica have a dialogue with people. For a copy of that trapped watches, fake rolex In particular, it is designed to pay tag heuer replica uk for your Bentley Continental Super Sport, is that you have a great love of rolex replica watches, already knowing the two hublot replica uk beloved by adult males to manage. In the case of adult males, fake rolex rolex replica sale optimal, to show masculinity. Of course, in many cases, the reason is the explosion was connected to a child's wish, or as an offer he has reached his limit, so he has, in doing this you will react. You can rolex replica uk this particular mobile installation knurled bezel twist temptation and rolex replica sale through chronograph stainless steel bracelet. Of course, it is possible these watches are expensive, but more than watches.