Wednesday, September 05, 2007

On the Road...

Like Kerouac before us, we hit the road. Unlike Kerouac, we did not hitchhike nor did we jump trains. Instead we rented a huge Ford, and packed it full of toys and snacks. No drugs. Just apple juice and M & Ms. We alternated music: They Might Be Giants for the kids (Pictures of Panda's painting and E eats Everything) coupled with Morrisey and NIN. I think H played Phish while I slept as I have foggy memory/dreams of their mellow lyrics along with those of Death Cab for Cutie.

Mostly, we talked while the kids slept. I fall in love with my husband yet again. I loved watching his profile as he drove. He's a beautiful man. And mostly there was that feeling of intense connection as we talked and laughed. I spend my days touching and loving this man. How amazing.


Images from the road:















Hey it is the South....









England comes to us...Ernesto, you there?

His licence plate says "So sexy."

















































6 comments:

Ros said...

Julie & I have voted you two, "The Couple Everyone is Jealous Of" which is grammatically incorrect, but you get our point.

Ernesto said...

Yay!

Horacio said...

And I fell in love with you again: I love traveling with you: you're the perfect travel partner for all roads in life, past and future.

Grouchy said...

I love your mixes of music! It's been a great summer for road trips.

Horacio said...

the back of the biker's helmet reads: trust no one. And that was, perhaps, the most important teaching of this trip: when you're ooohhhh sooooo sexy you can't trust no one.

John B-R said...

I love to see this beautiful family so happy ...