Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Spring has Sprung

Dare I hope that spring is here? We have had a succession of beautiful, sunny days bursting with buds and new life. Perhaps it this outpouring of life but I have spent the hours, when I am not exploring parks, frantically writing, being inspired. This morning, I sit here with my first chapter completed (there is only two chapters) and the possibility of the end real and present before me. Last night, while listening to Ceremony and Morrissey, a flash of clarity came, and suddenly the whole project came together as a coherent whole. What had seemed like a series of small papers was now a thesis. Ahhh..spring, time of reproduction and life.



6 comments:

Lolabola* said...

Yay on the thesis front

you soooo don't live in the same climate. Love that 2nd pic

Anonymous said...

I've just noticed your Obama pin. If I were USAmerican, I would support Obama. Maybe if I were USAmerican I wouldn't be here. Or there. or...

Anyway, Go, Obama!

Unknown said...

:) to Lolabola. If I was still in Maine, I wouldn't be confident in Spring until at least midMay if not later. Here it comes early. We have violent thunderstorms yesterday with tornado warnings...it's spring.

E, I am very disappointed in Madame Clinton. I've waited a lot of my young life for her to run, and when she doesn't she's not that much different than McCain. Obama wasn't my first choice (not liberal enough) but between the two, he's the clear choice for something different. Needless to say I a very disappointed with yesterday's primary results.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginger,

if you want someone to have a look over that chapter, I'd love to... just send it on over.

The pictures of Spring make me jealous.

Jon

The Bear Maiden said...

Ah, Ginger. I so wish I was where you are. Though because of you I just looked out my front window, and there are tiny tiny little purple knobs on the tree branches. I need spring...

John B-R said...

Ginger, thanks for thes photos. You made me realize that it's really spring here, too. Thus my most recent poem is at least in part increases my debt to you.

As far as Obama vs Clinton, we must all remember that this is the USA and we'll NEVER have a truly decent person run for President. It's just not part of our socio-cultural-economic destiny.

That said, Obama, however jerky and one-dimensional, is coming off a bit less slightly idiotic than Clinton. But only a bit.

I think the way out of this mess for the Democrats is some kind of Fear Factor thing in which the two compete and the winner gets to be the Presidential Candidate, and the loser gets to be their VP.