Saturday, August 18, 2007

Waiting....

Morning after a restless night. The melatonin ceased working a week ago, and was leaving me with a headache. Last night was worst than ususal. I was tired but just couldn't sleep. I would lay awake for a bit, fantasizing about whatever came to mind, the future, imaginary presents, etc but sleep stayed away. Eventually, I drifted into sleep but it was fitful and shallow. I woke up numerous times. And I had mulitple strange dreams that bleed into each other. In one, I had on this beautiful red dress with a full skirt. It reminded me of a dress J bought me years ago. A green 50's vintage cocktail dress.


Mostly I'm worried about money. We normally get our direct deposit refund Friday afternoon. This year they didn't even deposit until late Friday afternoon which means we might not get it until Tuesday. Argh. Of course now we can't order our parking tags which means paying for parking for a while. We have enough for food, and even for me to go out for my birthday so I shouldn't complain. But it also means that we can't go grocery shopping this weekend, and shopping during the first week of school is kind of a nightmare. Of course we'll have to fit it in or we'll end up eating out every night which is expensive and not very healthly. Sigh.


And we did get to take the kids to the movies. It was a perfect movie day; hot, steamy with rain in the air. I forget how wonderful and magical it is to go to the movies. The kids were in love with the whole experience. The dark theater, the soda, the popcorn, that wonderful moment when they curtains move to reveal the full screen, and the lights dim more and more until the music starts and there's your movie. P whispered to H "I'm scared!" She loved watching the line of projection and kept calling out "That's our movie!" We saw Underdog. Not as bad as I thought it would be. Umberto and Camille loved, and Camille almost cried at the end. It was expensive though! 50 for tickets, soda and popcorn! Defintely not a magaical experience for the wallet.


But I am going out tonight to celebrate my birthday! I

5 comments:

Ernesto said...

Lovely to be able to catch up with your posts. Many hugs!

argel said...

you are a leo then, many congratulations and happy birthday, best sign ever, isn´t it?:

"(Isn´t it comforting to be
So lordly, selfish, vital, strong?
Or do you think they´ve got it wrong?)"

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

And for some reason you being a Leo doesn't surprise me. It makes perfect sense now...

Unknown said...

LOL Jon! And yes Argel, I just love being a Leo. They really are just a wonderful sign:)

Meow...

And delightful to see your name again Ernesto. My blog's missed your words.

Horacio said...

Today is the 19th. so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
love+kisses+lust,
your friendly neighborhood husband.