Saturday, July 07, 2007

Creating....



Since I'm feeling full of fecundity, and I don't want another baby, I cooked. I made a vegetable tart, and then some small berry tarts. It's amazing how an ingredient have a totally different taste depending upon what you do with it. Both recipes called for ricotta cheese (which is why I made them, I had some ricotta I needed to use up). The vegetable tart calls for the ricotta to be mixed with rosemary, basil, and salt. The berry tart mixes the ricotta with vanilla and sugar. Just with a dash of spice, you can transform an ingredient from a main meal to a dessert. That's what I love about cooking...is those sublte bits of chemistry that make everything so different.





They both smelled wonderful, and tasted even better.





In other food related news...I gained this week! Only .6 so I'm not depressed, not crying. I guess as I sort of overdid on the 4th. And right now I'm feeling seeexxxy so my weight doesn't bug me so much. I wish could bottle this feeling. I did take my measurements...a week earlier than planned....and I've lost 2 inches of waist

2 comments:

Ernesto said...

just make sure you don't disappear, uh?

Unknown said...

Neither figuatively and physically.