Thursday, June 21, 2007

Did I Ever Tell You...

That I have an addictive personality...no people don't get addicted to it (in fact it seems to repulse most people) but I get addicted to things rather easily. This is quite problematic with things like food that one needs to live (hence the fact that I'm FAT...as a side note they're finally acknowledging that binge eating is indeed an eating disorder and yes I qualify). But I realized today when I checked my computer like eight hundred times that I've transferred my previous addiction to various yahoo groups to blogs (and H just pointed out that I'm eating less now that I'm bloging).


Earlier today I decided to quit blogging for a week to clear my head. So when I pop in tonight I see that I have something like 15 hits from all over the freakin' place. Do I actually have a public? How bizarre...and of course I HAD to post on Ernesto's blog (I'm not stalking him honest..I married...well I guess married people can stalk but I'mm not really, I just LOVE his freakin' blog, and writing about what he's writing about...like I said addicted...). So now what do I do? Do I go cold turkey and say adios? Do I wean myself off with only checking once a day? Will I disappoint anyone with my silence or is that my HUGE ego talking?

3 comments:

Ernesto said...

Paul Morley points out that (rock) web writers would still do it if no one read them but that hey are very pleased when we they are read. So this, I think, applies as well to all kinds of bloggers.

I appreciate the time you take to read and make comments on my blog. I have not for a millisecond thought that you are stalking me or anything negative. It feels good to have a "known" readership; readers with "a face", so to speak. That's why in a way I always prefer readers who also have their own blog than those who post anonymously or who don't have one. It makes me feel less exposed when I know that my readers are also exposing themselves somewhere! ;)

Please continue blogging! And if it keeps you away from binge eating, all the better!

Saludos cariñosos para tí, Horacio, and the gang.

Ros said...

Keep writing! #1 it's writing, which can only be good, and #2 it's not eating. From recent personal experience, it is SO hard not to eat out of feelings when you're home all day! Besides, there's a natural end to this addiction -- when classes start again in the fall, you just won't have as much time.

Horacio said...

If you stop blogging i'll take you to the state supreme court.