Saturday, June 30, 2007

Taking a Break

It's my weekly cleaning day. Yay for me. I've gotten two weeks of clothes taken care of, and about three days worth of dishes. Now I need a break so I'll write a random, rambling post....





It's funny how in our family we all go on these cravings together. It seems like it's rather sponteaneous but I suppose it's because we see each other eating something. This week it's been eggs. I put a tomatoe, ricotta, basil omlet on the menu for the week so I knew I was craving eggs. When I came home on Wednesday, H told me the girls had eaten eggs for lunch and dinner. They're kind of obessed with eggs anyway...well at least with things hatching out of eggs. They do lots of pretending to hatch games. Then H started eating eggs for dinner. The last two nights I made egg sandwiches with english muffins, Laughing Cow cheese, scrambled organic eggs, and Morning Star Breakfast patties with green leaf salad. So good...I'm making pizza tonight but what I really want are eggs....


So yes pizza tonight. I've got mushrooms going bad. This means I have to make dough which feels like a hell of a lot of work right now. Once I start it will be okay. I'm also going to make a chocolate cake from scratch.


In other mundane news: I lost another pound this week making my total loss 3 bls. in two weeks. My mom gave me a book by a psycho analyst about emotional eating. It's a bit amusing after having read Freud all semester but it's actually pretty on target for me. He asks at one point if you've even been close to a goal weight and then sabotaged yourself. This is totally what I did after losing 44lbs. He said it's because you've changed your eating habits but you haven't changed your emotional response to things. You get scared when you get smaller because you don't know how you'll deal with a crisis if you don't have food or you fat to hide behind. Wow. This is so me. My fat has been a protective covering for many years, and there is no doubt that food is my drug of choice. I'm curious to see what else he'll have to say. I feel a little eh about devling into this through a book though. I guess there's a part of me that is scared about what will come up, and I wonder if I can handle it. I think that I've dealt with the worst of it but you never know I guess. But now I know this time around with WW that there is a lot of emtional baggage that has to be dealt with as I lose the actual pounds. But for now I am eating a hundred times better...lots of fruits and veggies. I'm also exercising for at least a 1/2 hour a day (usually 45 min. a day). I feel good.




This is why grownups aren't supposed to play with dolls. I did this while we were the Rollins show on DVD. I blame it on Rollins....



But really these dolls are scary. They came with this treehouse toy we got Camille. All I could think of when I looked at them last night were the Mormon Fundamentalist I'm reading about. Creepy.

6 comments:

Ros said...

You need to put a bunch of safety pins through body parts on those dolls, or magic marker funky underwear on them, cause they ARE scary.
But seriously, so there with you on the food and body thing. Not that I hide behind fat, but I'm FEELING way fat these days, a clear sign of extreme stress. And I went to the the grocery store and just couldn't figure out what food would be safe to buy, what I wouldn't be tempted to binge on. I'm SO impressed that you're back to WW and thus controlling your "drug".

Unknown said...

Ros,
I can binge on anything when I'm in the wrong frame of mind. And I mean anything...

Before our nap (got to cuddle with the girls), I read some more about the critque in your head LOL. So true...it was all about how every little thing that happens gets blown up by that self critic.

John B-R said...

Surely these dolls are capable of other than the missionary position. If you catch 'em in any other "interesting" er, arrangements I hope you post the pictures.

Horacio said...

Are you saying that Mormon fundamentalists favor the missionary position, or that Rollins does... ugh, i really don't wanto to think about mormons or Rollins having sex.

Horacio said...

in our home egg is the new cool: egg, egg, egg!

Unknown said...

John,
I'll have the camera ready...

H, Rollins having sex with Mormon Fundamentalists...now that would be worth seeing.

And yesterday the girls were hiding under storage bins,and pretending to hatch out. And H forgot to mention that we did indeed have homemade pizza and chocolate cake.