Saturday, June 02, 2007

Dreams

Piper woke me up at five to nurse for an hour before we both fell back into exhausted sleep. It is usually during these times that I have my most vividly remembered dreams. This morning I had an American Idol dream. I dreamt that I was in a contest writing short stories. There were three judges and one of them was Simon Cowell. He was his usual assholey self. Somehow I had made it to the final three. My story was science fiction, and involved a captive woman, aliens and the man who captured her. He raped her at the end of the story. I had to read the story to the judges over speaker phone, and my house was in total chaos. When I began to read, I could see that it was a very rough draft, hand written, with lots of arrows to show where paragraphs should be moved. I stumpled over my reading, and knew that I was going to lose. I ran to the bathroom in the middle of my reading, and came up with a paragraph about how the woman dyed her hair blonde, and got manicures. In my dream, it was a brilliant paragraph but I can't recapture it here. I continued to read, and at the end Cowell told me "It's shit. At this stage in the competition you should be writing genius."

2 comments:

The Bear Maiden said...

LOL! That was great, though.

Will you write it out "for real"?

Unknown said...

I'm trying to catpure the dream story but it's really fragmentary. I just remember thinking it was brilliant in my dream LOL.

And yes Rosslyn perhaps Simon is my internal judge...scary eh?