Friday, June 22, 2007

Thank you Deleuze

"I always depend upon a molecular assemblage of enunciation that is not given in my conscious mind, any more than it depends soley on my apparent soical determinations, which combine many heterogeneous regimes of signs. Speaking in tongues. To write is perhaps to bring this assemblage of the unconscious to the light of day, to select the whispering voices, to gather the tribes and secret idioms from which I extract something I call my Self. I is an order-word." From A Thousand Plateaus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia, Deleuze and Guattari, 84.


And yes, this means that I am going to keep blogging. I think that all this blogging is important in my life right now. I am struggling not only in my thesis but in my own life towards this notion of what creates an I. So for those who like to read my blog, you can offer up a candle and an order-word of thanks to Deleuze.

2 comments:

Grouchy said...

I'm glad you're going to continue blogging! Here's one reason why I keep writing (blogging, fiction, journals): "Writing is the unknown..." (Marguerite Duras) and I want to figure the unknown out.

John B-R said...

Here's a candle for you.